Management & Professional Issues Course for Anaesthetic Specialist Trainees
Management skills are an important part of the day to day work of anaesthetists. Tailored to the needs of senior trainees, this course presents the realities of working in the modern NHS. It also complies with the mandatory requirements to attend a Management course for CCT.
The format allows plenty of opportunity for discussion and the topics may include:
- Management structure
- Funding of the NHS
- Organisation of Training
- Clinical Complaints
- GMC & fitness to practice
- Clinical governance
- Intensive Care Issues
- Getting your consultant job
- Legal issues
- Private Practice
- What to Achieve
- Curriculum Vitae
- Job Planning and Contracts
- Role of Clinical Director
- Working with Non-medical Managers
Delegate feedback from previous course
- Excellent selection of topics. Expert speakers. Value for money
- Delivered everything I wanted it to. Excellent course.
- Excellent. Carry on with the good work.
This course is held annually in December.
Course Director: Dr Phil Barrow, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Victoria Infirmary
For further information please email: Email